3DPhotoWorks and the National Federation of the Blind have partnered for nearly a decade to create tactile installations for museums, science centers and cultural institutions that convey visual information to blind and sighted museum visitors.
Our process converts any 2-dimensional image to a 3-dimensional tactile fine art print that all visitors can experience through touch and embedded audio.
3DPhotoWorks tactile printing, promotes independence, improves self-confidence and enhances learning.
- 75% of what we learn is acquired through sight.
- 285 million blind and low vision people worldwide are dependent on “others” for learning and living.
- Less than 35% of blind people in the U.S. receive a high school diploma.
- Only 14% receive a college diploma.
- 75% of blind people are unemployed.
- 31% live below the poverty level.
- In the U.S. it is legal to pay blind people less than minimum wage.
- Museums are well positioned to affect change.
518 392 8161
Purchase #AAMvirtual Recordings
#AAMvirtual registrants have instant access to all recordings as part of their registration. Simply login to view session recordings.
If you did not register for #AAMVirtual, the session recordings are now available for purchase (one package of all recordings). Simply click on the link below, click “register,” add the conference recordings to your cart, and create an account to complete payment. After payment, you will immediately have access to view the sessions at your convenience through the end of 2020.
Need Technical Support?
This site has been optimized for Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. If you usually use Internet Explorer, please switch to another browser.
Need further support, please visit our FAQ page.